• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In which version did Adobe drop Photo Mail as a sharing option in Elements?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PSE 12 which has both Photo Mail and Email Attachments as options for sharing photos. I'm interested in upgrading but I see Photo Mail (where photos are embedded in emails) no longer appears to be a feature in PSE21, just Email Attachments. I'd like to know what the last version of PSE is that still offered Photo Mail as a featu re. And, what was the reason for dropping the feature? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelBParis, thank you for the link (you are a wealth of information...). B. Brundage mentions the email change in PSE 13 as "Missing features this time: no more photo mail (a small price to pay for sane emailing). Do you know why she, in effect, believes Photo Mail to be "insane." I suspect it has something to do with security. Also, with email by attachment, is that the only way to email someone a half dozen photos, just one attached photo after another with no aesthetic presentation? If so, this is unfortunate as Photo Mail allowed for some artful options, e.g., shadow around each photo to lift them off the page, layout options, etc. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no info about the reason to drop Photomail. I think it was security AND 64-bits issues. On the other hand, Adobe probably did not want to deal with external functions like mailing or printing if a solution is available from the operating system.

There were also mailing apps which relied on Flash Player which is now 'EOL' (end of life).

For the other question, in the current PSE2021, there are two interesting features :

- the ability to 'share' with the option 'pdf slideshow' in the organizer

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/share-files-via-email.html#ShareaPDFslideshowbyemai...

- to save your files 'in the cloud' and send links to your correspondents. It's an option in the 'save as' dialog.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/save-to-cloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines