• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install fails on PSE 2019 after an "abnormal exit"

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt to start PSE 2019 fails after error message "abnormal exit".  Suggest starting from another catalog, but the PSE 2019 does not load the initial screen with the catalog manager. Downloaded a new copy od PSE2019.exe but installer cannot get past initial GUI screen.  Screen too small to show all choices, cannot be restored or maximized. Any suggestions are welcome.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you've not uninstalled Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 try starting the Organizer with the Shift key held down. That should open up the Catalog Manager where you can either select the catalog you want to open, or select it and click the Repair button.

Regarding the Installer dialog window (if you still need to reinstall Photoshop Elements 2019) - try hitting the Return key or if that doesn't work hit the Tab key three times then hit Return.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I've been having the same problem  with organizer on Elements 2019, so decided to upgrade to 2024 (running windows 11). 

But the problem persist, and I've tried "Optimize", "Repair", "Convert" in the catalog manager, and even creating a new catalog, but nothing works, and I end up in the "Sorry, an error occured", with the option of sending a crash report, which I've also multiple times...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines