• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Error 127 when installing Photoshop elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Photoshop 2021 from DVD but the installation fails with error code 127. The advice given is to check permissions on [Windows]: <system drive>\adobetemp, however this directory does not exist on my system. Any advice would be useful.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not necessarily be a permissions issue... but you do need to turn on View > Hidden items in the File Explorer to see the adobeTemp folder.

Also, check you have enough disk space on your system drive (usually your C: drive) and turn off any anti-virus application you might have running. 

Error code 127: Unable to extract files

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I have now successfully installed the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good news. This is a user-to-user forum, and it might help others if you post what you did in order to have a successful instalation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once I found the hidden folder then I changed the permissions to allow files to be written to the folder. This solved the problem and the software installed without any further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines