Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Plugins

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have downloaded a Luts Pack and I am having difficulty installing this plugin into my Photoshop Elements 2017. The files are .cube format and it seems that PE is not recognizing this kind of format.

I did open Preferences - Plugins - Additional Plugin Folder - Choose, but when the files show up they are grayed out so that they can't be chosen. I have managed to install other plugins before such as the Nic Collection but that wasn't in .cube format. Does anyone know if I should be able to install files with .cube format? If this is possible could anyone please guide me as to how to instal these files? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A LUT is not a plug-in and cannot be installed for use directly in Elements, although I suppose it could be used within a separate plug-in.  If you have a strong need for using LUTs, you would need Photoshop CC or Lightroom.  The Photographer's Plan is relatively cheap (about $10 per month).  If that is too expensive for you, there is a cheap add-on for Elements called Elements Plus that will use LUTs more directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines