• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing PSE 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought PSE 2021 for mac and I redeemed my code to get the serial number. So far so good. I am trying to install PSE 2021 on my two Macs

- a MacMini 2018 (Intel), BigSur 11.2.3

- a MacBook Air Late 2020 (M1), BigSur 11.2.3

On the MacMini the install went through and when I open PSE, I get the first screen, where I can chose Photo Editor. When I click Photo Editor, I get the "Loading Photoshop Editor" Message and a spinning star, but the editor never opens.

I have reinstalled once and get the same issue.

On the M1 MacBook the installer is stuck at 82% since several hours and does not progress any more.

I would appreciate some pointers where I might be going wrong here. Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some more forum searching, I removed PSE 2021 from both machines and started from scratch.

I re-redeemed my code for PSE and got a different serial this time.

The install on the MacMini 2018 went through smoothly and the new serial activated the software correctly. So everything works now on the MacMini 2018.

On the M1 MacBook Air the install this time ran through smoothly. However when I try to start PSE Editor, I get a window saying "loading adobe photoshop editor workspace" with a turning symbol. The message stays on forever and I never get to the point where PSE Editor asks for the serial number. So I am still stuck.

Can anyone confirm whether PSE 2021 works on Apple silicon?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jacobacci,

Could you please confirm if you were able to launch Photoshop Elements Editor on the M1 Macbook Air?

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with the new version of PSE (2021.2) I managed to install PSE on MacBook Air (M1) and everything seems to work ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines