Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel CPU requirements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

I'm currently running Photoshop Elements 11 on Windows 10 on a Intel i7 3rd generation platform. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2021 version, but system requirements indicate a 6th generation processor. Will the Photoshop Elements 2021 version run on my machine (probably slower) or will it not run at all?

Thanks for any advise. 

Regards,

Huub

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you install the trial version and run it for free for 30 days to see how it runs on your computer 

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html#AdobePhotoshopEleme...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Huub,

It all depends on the rest of your system specfications:

- the amount of RAM (the most important, especially if you are working with RAW images or like to have a lot images open at the same time)

- the speed and spare capacity of your hard-disk (very important for general overall responsiveness and the scratch disk- especially if you have many history states, i.e. changes to the image)

- the graphics processor (not so important, but can help with certain features)

Best thing to do is download Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from the Adobe website and try it for free for 30 days and see how you get on with it, like @John Waller suggests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phil, fortunately the rest of the hardware is a bit more modern. SSD, moderate NVidea card and 16 GB RAM. As said it installs, now let's find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I should have thought of that ;-)). Just did and is running. I'll do some experiments in the comming weeks to find out the limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also use the Scratch Sizes, Efficiency and Timing (probaby the most useful in this case) information in the status bar if you want to do some in-depth comparisons with Photoshop Elements 11 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines