• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Camera Raw 3.2 available for PSE 2021?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased PSE 2021 with Camera Raw 3.0. However, I would like to utlize the new Super-Res function on the new CR 3.2 version. However, my PSE will not update to 3.2.

Is Camera Raw 3.2 available for PSE 2021 or is this a CC update only? Please advise. Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Unfortunately, PSE2021 is not updated to the 3.2 ACR version, and there is very little chance that it will support the Super-Res feature when it is ready. The Elements version is only a subset of all the features of the full Photoshop ACR version. Similar enhancements in older versions were not kept for the PSE limited version.

Edit:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/enhance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, PSE2021 is not updated to the 3.2 ACR version, and there is very little chance that it will support the Super-Res feature when it is ready. The Elements version is only a subset of all the features of the full Photoshop ACR version. Similar enhancements in older versions were not kept for the PSE limited version.

Edit:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/enhance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so others are not confused by the typos in this discussion, Elements 2021 currently uses ACR 13.0.  The Super-res feature of the full Photoshop CC is found in ACR 13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My experience with it (13.2) is that it's a bit over hyped.   It's not going to take a  poor quality image and turn it into a masterpeice. I tried it on 20 different images, and it was rather hard to see the difference- the before and after comparisons.   Please remember that Adobe tends to use the "perfect image" when discussing a feature- one in which editing it quite simplistic compared to real world editing.

Before you ask: you can't download it, and "make it work" with PSE.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines