• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is Elements 2019 "optimized" for Mac now?

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the basic Elements 2019 [for $99.00 ($79.00 upgrade)] optimized for Mac so I'll stop getting those messages about future versions not working on the Mac?????  THANKS!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Yes according to adobe pse 2020 should be "optimized" and work on macOS Catalina.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-mac-64bit-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2020 is expected soon. The Mac messages relate to future OS updates so current software will still work and the warnings can be ignored for now. But there is always a risk to third party apps, not just Adobe apps when changing the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon: Is 2020 going to be optimized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi 99jon: Is 2020 going to be optimized?"

Anybody who knows anything about an Adobe application that is not yet offficially released is not allowed to talk about that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes according to adobe pse 2020 should be "optimized" and work on macOS Catalina.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-mac-64bit-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I just read this link and it was very helpful. I didn't even know the Catalina release coming soon was THE change time. I don't think Apple has conducted this change well. Nonetheless, now I know and I turned off any possibility that my computer might update automatically! and I await for Elements 2020 release as well as plans to update everything possible that needs it before installing 10.15 Catalina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Help What Photoshop is compatoible with mt Mac High Sierra 10.13.6. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines