• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Elements 2022 compatible with MAC OS Ventura 13.0?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Elements 2022 compatible with MAC OS Ventura 13.0?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not according to this Adobe HelpX article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not, I'm done with Adobe. Affinity does a quick update every time Mac changes its OS and there's rarely a problem. Same with virtually all other apps. That said, I have read elsewhere that PSE 2022 does indeed work fine with Ventura. Adobe should be much clearer on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidg99forum Thanks for reaching out to Adobe! Could you please try with trial version of Elements 2022, in case you face any issues with macOS Ventura then please let us know. We will be definitely help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nishutosh208861643a3s, If I download the PSE 2022 Trial and decide to buy it after trying it, will I be able to buy PSE 2022 or will I have to buy PSE 2023?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the issue. I already have PSE 2022. Why can't anyone tell me if it will work when I upgrade to Ventura? Ventura has been out for forever. The bigger question is why can programs like Affinity Photo (and indeed virtually all other programs from say the last 5 years) update *free* year after year, through numerous Mac OS iterations, but Adobe insists we buy a new PSE almost evey time Mac OS is upgraded? And in this case the only advice is "upgrade ansd see if it works"? PSE 2022 is a 64-bit application. I can't believe a simple tweak isn't all it would need to work with Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operation is not guaranteed.
Elements will be supported for approximately one year and will be discontinued before a new macOS is released.
On top of that, macOS is lower backward compatible, so newer operating systems and older applications may not work properly.

This is true for most software and hardware, not just Adobe.

Elements 2022 has already been discontinued.
If you are going to purchase it in the future, it will be 2023.
However, it may be best to sign up for a Photography plan, as the support cycle is the same for all versions and the OS trends are the same.

Affinity is a startup company and works on the premise of gaining market share, so some things are handled differently than other software makers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you:

You mention signing up for a Photography plan in the email. What does that refer to? How do I purchase it? That is for Elements not Photoshop or Lightroom.

For your consideration - I am quite happy with the features in PS Elements - I really don’t need or want the ‘higher end’ features of Photoshop or Lightroom. Keeping my Elements software, working and up to date with Apple’s iOS upgrades would be something (a feature?) that I would consider paying for - without having to purchase and reinstall new software each year!

Thank You.

David

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography plan is not offered in Elements.
As you are aware regular Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, etc. are offered.
This is a response to the support cycle of the operating system, so it is an operational choice rather than a functional satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is true for most software and hardware, not just Adobe."

Oh please. Affinity Photo just tweaks its program- for free- when Apple updates its OS, as do most applications. It's worked fine for years, and through several iterations of Mac OS. So stop pretending. Adobe forces us to by a new program every year or two as part of their business model. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 2022 running on macOS Ventura 13.1 Mac Sudio M1 Processor and it seems to work okay.

As mentioned if you don't already have photoshop elements 2022 then purchase photoshop elements 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines