• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to store content on our hard drives, rather than paying for Icloud use

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Photoshop Elements 2023 can be used so the saved content goes onto our computer hardrive, rather than having to pay for icloud storage ?

I have never bothered with icloud and am unfamiliar, I always use the computer hardrive for storage as that is what it is for 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements is intended to be used with media files stored on your hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg, 

I am not meaning the content of images etc used, I am wondering if we can just disgard our files being stored on Icloud, without having payment issues and stroe them on our hardrives ?

Photoshop 2023 seems to be storing files as they are built automatically to the cloud. So is it possible to use a recent version of photoshop that is not connected to icloud ?  If yes, what version of Photoshop can be used ?  

Sadly I upgraded from MacOS High Sierra to Monteray a few days ago, I had a fast flowing design base in place, then CS6 would not work. Now I have checked that CS6 will work on up to MacOS Mojave, so now I might have to buy this OS to revert back to CS6.

I have had a few hours on Photoshop Elements 2023, I do like the way the background can be deleted and it saves time. Ideally I would like a version of this but I do not know what OS are required for this version of Photoshop. I do not think it is right for Adobe to be forcing people into paying for iCloud when we have 1TB storage on our computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it wherever makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

Adobe doesn't forcce you to pay for  storage. 

Photoshop lets you store things "On the cloud" if you want. 

elements web (which technically still beta) gives you 2 GB of storage.
The cheapest photoshop lan gives you 20GB.... I literally just "Play" with all that cloud storage stuff-- serve me no purpose.

Nothing I do is so critical that I thing "Lawedy lawdy lawdy I better save that PSD file "In the cloud" so that when Im at work, or on the beach I can edit it".

If  I still sold images sets on my website, then maybe I would "use the cloud" to store things like product files for my website.

Here is a link to the OS requirements for pse 2023:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

Bottom line: Store them where ever makes you happy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Glen. 

Do you know which was the last version of Photoshop which is not an internet application, i.e. Software that is on the hardrive ?

I live on a farm and the internet connection tends to go slow. I am finding the trial version, (which I was forced into installing), is very slow when needing to add more images into the editor, or uploading them into Photoshop, this is a pain. I have to work quickly and efficient, but upgrading OS and software has ruined a fast flowing design platform for now. 

I am thinking of removing MacOS Monteray and reinstalling High Sierra or buying Mojave. Newer version make CS6 obsolete 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do you know which was the last version of Photoshop which is not an internet application, i.e. Software that is on the hardrive ?"

Photoshop AND Photoshop Elements are not internet applications. They are software that runs on the hard drive. They can also save to the cloud, but that's your choice. Photoshop needs an internet connection now and again to check your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines