• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is PSE 2021 salvagable on Mac?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used elements for a number of years but noticed declining performance (increased spinning wheel of death) for the last several upgrades. I thought it was my computer (2013 iMac 27"), but now I have a 2021 Mac Mini M1 with 16GB memory (Montery version 12.4) . My photo files are on an OWC Envoy SX connected via thunderbolt. And yet I still get the spinning wheel of death and the software is unusable. I uninstalled, reinstalled. I tried the workaround noted in prior threads (changing the sniffer file).  None of this is working. Before I abandon Adobe and look for something else, does anyone have any suggestions? 

Danny

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove the "sniffer" file instead of changing it? I just deleted that file to solve the problems I was having. Also, I always launch the Editor app directly from the Support Files folder of the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder rather than launching it from the Adobe Photoshop Elements app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that my problem is with the organizer, not the editor.   Iā€™ll try deleting that sniffer file.  After an hour on hold this morning,  customer support told me I have to update (again) to 2022, even though everything I read online says 2021 should be compatible with Monterey 12.4.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the organizer, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem....what did you do?  Only on the organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't found a solution. I'm trying some other organizer programs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, have you tried toggling "Put hard drives to sleep when possible" in Energy sysprefs? (I'm using Elements 2021 on a 16" MacBook Pro from last year, so that setting is in the Battery syspref for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to on (put HD to sleep when possible.) I turned it off, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines