• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Windows 10 compatible with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Premier 8?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not what version of Adobe Elements & Premier are?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi davaught

Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 are not officially Supported by Windows 10

But if it worked on Windows 8,you can try installing it on Windows 10 as well.

Refer FAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?

Current version Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are supported on Windows 10.

System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davaught

Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 are not officially Supported by Windows 10

But if it worked on Windows 8,you can try installing it on Windows 10 as well.

Refer FAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?

Current version Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are supported on Windows 10.

System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Regards

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei,

I am also looking to install Windows 10 (from Windows 7) but I need to know if there are any compatibility issues outstanding for Elements 8.

Are there users who can answer this query please.

Cheers Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RonHAccount‌

Thanks for Posting on Adobe Forums

Please refer FAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?

Photoshop Elements 8 is an old Product now and we have not tested it officially on Windows 10 Windows 10 compatibility statement and FAQ

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash,

I can understand that PSE 8 has not received an official tick as compatible with Windows 10 but I am sure that there are users out there who may have the answer to 'does it work or not?' So I hope for more information. Should I post my query somewhere else?

Cheers Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the System Requirements it is not supposed to work on Windows 10 System requirements | Adobe Photoshop Elements

There were not many Queries about the same.

We have some users able to use it on Windows 10,but again its not supported officially.So it may or may not work.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Windows 10 from Windows 7. It recognises that PhotoShop Elements 8 is there but won't load the Edit Function. A Downlaod was offered for the Organise Function and this now seems to work okay - though I never use it.  So far no download has been offered for Edit.

I don't think I'm going to spend any more time on trying to make it work. So far it seems to be the only problem with the Windows 10 upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re my previous post.   I just tried to load Edit again  and after a couple of stutters it's now working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting 'all OK'. Like you, I think that this is the last software 'concern' that I had but I am going to wait for a few more months before upgrading to W10.

Cheers Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed the W7 to W10 upgrade and PSE 8 functions OK. Maybe the latest Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908) has resolved some issues.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got it to work on windows 10. Only issue i'm having it there is a pit of lag when i'm drawing. I know its not supported but, can you guys at least make a patch so it is compatible with windows 10. There are users like me who are scraping by and cant afford the new Photoshop elements. don't know about you all but i don't got $100 to spare at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem right that you spend (what I consider a lot of money) on software that isn't supported later on. Greed is going to be the downfall of the US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Completely agree with that Statement, there should be a law against it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the solution. try GIMP you have nothing to lose it is free 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines