• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged Edge of Text-photoshop elements 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to smooth the edges of the text I create in photoshop elements 2019.  It is driving CRAZY!  I have tried the Adobe support site, Google and YouTube but nothing works.  Mostly all of the suggestions or directions that I have found on these three sites reference tools and adjustments that don't even seem to exist on my screen.  What am I doing WRONG???

Someone please help me.  VERY DESPERATE!!!

Yok33

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-11-18_162241.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jagged text is usually a function of the size of the text and the resolution of the image.  All text is made up of square pixels.  If you magnify the text enough, it will always have jaggies.

Snap_2021.11.19_1h54m21s_005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about just a line?  I have attached a screen shot of the line I am speaking of and an image showing that I am looking at it at 100% size.  I have also attached the system info from Photoshop Elements so you know what I am working with.

I would just like to smooth out a line if there is any way.

Thanks,

Yok33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple.

You are showing a huge enlargement of the pixel matrix of your display. You would get exactly the same result with a print of the same enlargement ratio. Keep in mind that all ways to display or print your image is based on pixels, NOT vector drawing. Same with cameras and scanners.There is no magic which will make the square pixels conform to your shapes. That's true in Elements for shapes and fonts. What you can do is to save your work with vector layers. If you increase the viewing/printing size hugely, those vector layers will keep their defintion if saved in psd or tiff formats. But at the pixel levels, the rendition will always be of adjacent square pixels (a mosaic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines