• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG quality default setting

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The JPEG quality setting comes up as "3" every time I try to save a file.  I want to set a higher level, so I don't have to change it for every file I save, but cannot find a way to do that.  (PSE13 on a Mac)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the default, but it should remember the last setting and use that. If it doesn't remember the last setting, try resetting the preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob - I've tried resetting the preferences, and when I create a new image and save it, it shows the new default of "10".  If I change that to "12", it saves that for the next new image.

But when I import a number of images to edit, and try to save, the quality reverts to "3" again.  If I set it to "12" and save, the next image also has "3" when I try to save it. This is very puzzling - can there be something in the images that I'm importing that causes this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed a new version of Photoshop Elements as an update. I had a similar experience as you.

1. The first time I edited a photo, the save quality resolution defaulted to "3". I changed it to "12" and saved.
  2. The next time I edited a photo, the save quality resolution defaulted to "10". I changed it to "12" again and saved.
  3. The third time I edited a photo, the save quality resolution defaulted to "12". It has continued to default to "12" since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines