• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.json files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop Elements 14 for over a year now. I have noticed, along with the pictures I have been saving/editing in this program, there are files created on my hard drive with the extension of .json. I have well over 2,000 records with this extension now which is adding up as memory/storage:

1.What are these files?

2. Is it necessary to keep them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Hi Steve,

Here is answer to your queries:

1)The jason files in the catalog folder are created by Elements Organizer and store the face analysis data of your images.

2)If you want to keep using the Face analysis and automatic People recognition in Elements Organizer jason files should be present. In case yu do not intend to use automatic facial recognition rather than deleting the files manually please open Preferences in Elements Organizer(Cmd+K/ Ctrl+K) , select media analysis, uncheck "Run Face

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Here is answer to your queries:

1)The jason files in the catalog folder are created by Elements Organizer and store the face analysis data of your images.

2)If you want to keep using the Face analysis and automatic People recognition in Elements Organizer jason files should be present. In case yu do not intend to use automatic facial recognition rather than deleting the files manually please open Preferences in Elements Organizer(Cmd+K/ Ctrl+K) , select media analysis, uncheck "Run Face Recognition Automatically" and then select Reset face analysis.

Deleting jasons will delete all existing people stacks from EO. This operation can't be undone.

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines