• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just got majorly ripped off, bought Photoshop Elements 2018 for Mac, but won’t work on Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a good user, and paid for an official version of Adobe Elements 2018.  I used it for like a year, and then all of a sudden Adobe wont update it anymore, and it wont even open up on my Mac.

Only option, buy a whole new version.

I DO NOT NEED A NEW VERSION!!!!

I have the same computer, I paid full price for this software! , but Adobe is expecting me to buy photoshop every year? 

Sigh, this is sneaky and shady.  

If they told me when i purchased they were going to phase it out in a year, would never have bought.  I just got tricked and ripped off.

Sigh.

How can I make my Adobe Elements 2018 work on my Big Sur macbook pro (2013 model) ?

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years and years now Adobe only supports elements for just one year. 
i (also) think that's rediculus and I advise other software to users with much longer support. 
In your case it's unfortunate that with Catalina every version before 2020 will not work. 
so unfortunately you have three options. 
- go back to a macOS version before Catalina 

- upgrade elements to 2021

- get other editing software that has better support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i think i'll get another photo editing software, I cant support a company that makes software that goes obsolete in one year, and just stops working.
they are like "apple occasionally has updates? we had no idea!"
LOL, yeah right!  like were supposed to use ancient OS just to use adobe? no thanks.

besides, just the feeling that adobe is getting over on me makes using photoshop an unpleasant experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't, thank Apple for that.  For big sur, yes you do need the latest version. It really is that simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?  LOL

its normal for computers to update, that shouldnt make the software obsolute.

I have hundreds of software programs on my computer, every single one of them works after upgrading.

every single one, except one... Adobe Photoshop.

they refuse to update, just to force us to buy an entire new version of photoshop.  Honestly, its kinda digusting how Adobe treats its customers, and rips us off every change they get.  Sad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What?  LOL

its normal for computers to update, that shouldnt make the software obsolute.

I have hundreds of software programs on my computer, every single one of them works after upgrading.

By @neo15C3

It will when the OS switches to 100% 64-bit operation which is what Big Sur did. PSE 2018 was released in Oct 2017, long before Big Sur was even a gleam in Apple's eye. Would you have upgraded to Big Sur if you had to pay for it? I kind of doubt it. You have been conned by Apple, not Adobe!

And, if you have "hundreds" of software programs on your Mac, I seriously doubt that you've tested each and every one of them to ensure that they work after the upgrade to Big Sur. JMO!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines