• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep crop sizes between different images

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I process several images that will all be in one size (say, 8" x 12").  In older versions of Elements, when I opened the first image and set the crop size and resolution, Elements would "remember" that crop size and reslutin and once I finished processing and closed that image, when I open the next image the crop size and resolution would default to where I last had it (8" x 12" in this example). 

In Elements 20, it seems to "forget" the crop size and resolutoin after I close each image I process, and I keep having to reset the crop size and resolution every time I start to work on a new image.

Is there some way to make it "remember" what I was last using, like in the older Elements versions?

Same with the Quality setting when I "Save As" in JPEG.   

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.   In Edit>Preferences>General (Ctrl+K), try turning off Enable Crop Pre-Selection.

2.   The Save jpeg settings should be sticky.

If that doesn't work for you try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.16_11h03m25s_004_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having the same issue with saving crop tool values.  I tried this and it did not work.  I am hoping that a solution can be figured out.  I edit hundreds of images to the same size and having to timput the crop values each time is slowing down my processing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines