• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of mode selection in Photoshop Elements 2021 on a MS Surface Studio

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2021 and Premier Elements 2021 and installed them on my MS Surface Laptop and my MS Surface Studio Desktop.  When I open Photoshop Elements on the Laptop, I see the Quick mode, Guided mode and Expert mode as options.  On the Surface Studio, there is no such selection...only the Quick mode is available.  

I'd really like to have the full functionality on the desktop device! 

Any ideas what the problem might be?  

TOPICS
Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Hi John,

When you say the mode selection options are not available, do you mean only the Quick button is displayed or that the other mode buttons are displayed but nothing happens when you click on them?

It could be that you need to reduce the resolution of your Surface Studio display from 4500 x 3000 down to 3375 x 2250.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

When you say the mode selection options are not available, do you mean only the Quick button is displayed or that the other mode buttons are displayed but nothing happens when you click on them?

It could be that you need to reduce the resolution of your Surface Studio display from 4500 x 3000 down to 3375 x 2250.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  When I reduced the screen resolution from 4500 x 3000 (recommended for the Surface Studio) one step down to 3375 x 2250, it worked!

On the higher resolution, no mode buttons displayed:

Photoshop elements on Highest Res-surface studio.jpg

When I switched to the lower resolution, the mode buttons were all there and they all worked properly:

Photoshop elements on Reuced Res-surface studio.jpg

I hope Adobe will fix this in future updates.  Although switching the display resolution is just a minor inconvenience, this is a non-obvious solution I woudn't have thought of.

Thanks again for your help.

JOHN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines