• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

layers

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes when I open a file that has been created for me, I get the grey/white checkered screen.   I know this has something to do with the layers, but how do I fix this so I can see the image?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of it that shows the Layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peru Bob suggests, it will be helpful to see a screenshot of your layers panel.  In the meantime, it sounds like you have hidden a layer.  Make sure that the layer eyeball icons are all active.  You click on the eyeball to toggle them on or off.

Ashampoo_Snap_2022.02.12_10h44m49s23.png

Layer-Visibility-2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be any image there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marty, that is the normal display of a blank file with a transparent background that has no content added.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely content in the file.   I opened it previously, changed some colors, then saved it as png.   when I went to open it again, I got the checkered screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marty,

I did not notice this at first, but your screenshot shows that the open image is a PDF file. If you changed some colors and saved it as a PNG, you lost all the layer info. A PNG format does NOT save any Layer info. You must have somehow saved only the transparent background. That's why you see the checkerboard pattern which indicates a blank transparent background.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original PDF file.     When I go to open it, the Import PDF File (attached) shows the image in thumbnail format.   When I select OK, I get the checkered screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marty, I use PSE 2022. I get the same exact Import PDF widow that you do. When I click OK the PDF opens and I see the Laborers Local 860 graphic. Try resetting your Prefferences as Greg has suggested.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marty23129850yb9o,  the file shown in your screenshot is a PDF file.  Elements has dropped support for certain kinds of pdf files.  Which version of Elements did you use to edit the file?  If you attach the file rather than showing us a screenshot, we might be able to give you a more definitive answer as to what the problem is.  You can attach a file to a post using the browse button at the bottom of a Reply window:Ashampoo_Snap_2022.02.13_14h48m43s39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attached is the file in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens OK for me in PSE 2018 and PSE 5.0.

What version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2018.

Marty Palumbo

Source Direct Marketing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens for me too in Elements 2018.  The only suggestion I have is to try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  I have no idea whether this will have any effect but it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running pse 2018 on a Mac?

In the Import PDF dialog double click on the Thumbnail preview of the pdf to open it and see if that makes any difference.

Screenshot-(790).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

Yes, running on a Mac.

Marty Palumbo

Source Direct Marketing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines