• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light blues printing as dark blue

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scan in my paintings at 600dpi, so this is not a digital art or a photograph. I can't mess around too much with anything otherwise the texture of the painting looks off. I usually just scan in, heal any hairs that got stuck in the painting or other imperfections, and then adjust the image to more accurately match the actual painting. I use a Canon Pixma Pro 100 to print, I have all the accurate ICC profiles for the 2 types of paper I'm using. One of the papers is a Canon paper so it definitely is not or should not be the issue. 

I am using a Mac desktop that I JUST updated to Big Sur...before I updated the OS I had finally gotten my colors on screen to mostly match the print. Enough that it was difficult to notice the difference and usually only took 1-2 test prints to get it where I wanted it - now...now it's all messed up again. I've wasted a lot of paper and ink trying to get it to work right - it's not even showing much of a difference between RGB and CMYK printing at this point. I've messed with everything - and nothing seems to be affecting it positively, and in most cases the changes are so miniscule. 

The biggest issue I'm running into is inaccurate blue colors. The painting will have a light cerulean blue but it prints as a much darker blue despite the screen color indicating otherwise. The other issue was desaturation of other colors - so the other colors were desaturated and the blue was oversaturated. I just odn't get it. I messed with my screen settings until it mostly matched what I was seeing on my prints - except the blue. It fixed the desaturation but it made the blue 10x worse. Is this an update issue? A setting issue? 

I've spent the last 3 hours messing with this and I just want to toss the whole computer out the window. 

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you calbrated your monitor with a calibration tool, such as Spider? This would seem to be in order for the sophisticated work you are doing.

In the meantime, you may be able to achieve better color fidelity and bightness/contrast if you lower the screen brightness empirically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines