• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Live” results while using Hue/Sat or Levels sliders?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to PSE 2022 from 2018. Why can’t I see “live” results when I use the sliders for Hue/Saturation or Levels? In the older versions, you can move the sliders and see the change take place "live"... now, the only option seems to be to stop moving the slider and wait for the change to show up.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Hi Deb,

It seems to make a difference on my Win10 PC/PSE 2022 how I access the Levels panel.

If I access Levels via the Enhance menu, there is a small delay - maybe 1/2 second - till you see the effect when you move the slider. The visibility eyeball IS NOT shown in the dialog.

If I access Levels via the Window menu, an adjustment layer is created and I can see the change instantly as I move the slider. The visibility eyeball IS shown in the dialog.

Adjust Levels.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the layer visibility toggle turned on.  You may have accidentally turned it off.

Snap_2022.01.07_01h29m57s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Greg!  My levels box doesn't even *have* that eyeball box - so you're probably on to something with your suggestion, but my levels option box doesnt' show what yours does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We already have a bug to track this and we're looking into it.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb,

It seems to make a difference on my Win10 PC/PSE 2022 how I access the Levels panel.

If I access Levels via the Enhance menu, there is a small delay - maybe 1/2 second - till you see the effect when you move the slider. The visibility eyeball IS NOT shown in the dialog.

If I access Levels via the Window menu, an adjustment layer is created and I can see the change instantly as I move the slider. The visibility eyeball IS shown in the dialog.

Adjust Levels.jpg

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Walter!  thanks so much for responding - this is an EXCELLENT piece of advice and a great workaround  - I'd always used the keyboard shortcut "cont/L" for accessing levels - wouldn't have thought to use an adjustment layer.  It's clunkier than the keyboard shortcut, but it WORKS - the change in levels or hue/sat is instantaneous.  Wonder why they haven't fixed that yet.  Regardless - you are my new hero.  THANK you for helping me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Deb! You can also achieve the same by clicking "Create new fill or adjustment layer" icon on the toolbar at the top of the layers panel.

2022-01-07 13_15_42-AD-colour-control.jpg @ 41.3% (RGB_8) _.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines