• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Photoshop Element 2020 (Version 18) on my MacBook Air.  I have an Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card.  OS Version Catalina 10.15.6.

I used the program for about 2 weeks.  Photoshop Elements Organizer will open.  Nothing else like Video Editor or Photo Editor will load.  It just shows: LOADING ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS EDITOR WORKSPACE and then goes back to Organizer.

Does anyone know the fix?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look like your issue was addressed. I'm having the same problem on an M1 MacBook Pro with Big Sur. I have Photoshop Elements 2021 that worked for a couple of weeks, and now the Photo Editor no longer loads, though the Organizer still will.  It shows the same LOADING message then goes back to Home. I have re-downloaded and installed the program. No difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same "loading" message then nothing happens, but this time on Windows 10 computer (1909).

The solution was to uninstal and reinstal the full PSE2021 version.

What has puzzled me is that the 'loading' bar disappears rapidly, the blue opening dialog does not even show up and the task manager does not show activity related to the editor. Same thing if the editor is started from the home screen, from the organizer or a direct shortcut to the .exe file, with or without admin rights.

The organizer always opened and I was able to use its own editing features like batch smart fix.

However, maybe a coincidence, but I had the same issue opening the Creative Desktop shortcut even if I also have a subscription to Photoshop, LRC etc. After a restart, it did work.

I was curious to see what would happen with a reinstall without uninstalling first. I did not want to take the risk to use the Adobe Cleaner tool. Nothing changed.

Then I simply uninstalled from Windows, reinstalled, and all was again working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, Remember me?  Is your forum new?  If so could I save or get the link for it?  I've gotten lost in another forum that came to me a few months ago. Not sure if I like the LR site I landed in.  Steve Lehman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stevel24076854 

Michel, Remember me? Is your forum new? If so could I save or get the link for it? I've gotten lost in another forum that came to me a few months ago. Not sure if I like the LR site I landed in. Steve Lehman

Glad to see you here, Steve.

Go to:

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/

This is a very useful forum, created independently after older forums like Elements Village or AdobeCreative did close. Run by volunteers,  with the same creative interest and open not only to Adobe Elements. Many challenges and help resources.

Happy new Year!

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michel. I had also reinstalled without an uninstall. This time I did the uninstall, downloaded and reinstalled 2021 and the Photo Editor Workspace loaded normally. In a (hopefully) unrelated note, the program has crashed twice in the 10 minutes I've had it open. But one problem at a time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines