• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Difficulty with PS Elements start-up in MAC OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Elements 2022.  Downloaded without difficulty but start up to introductory screen takes about 5 mins.  Then Elements Editor screen will not load - message "not responding."  

Deleted previous versions and uninstalled 2022 version, then repeated installation.  No change in response. 

TOPICS
Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your os?

if windows, did you properly uninstall other versions or did you really delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2022 works on Catalina and Big Sur. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I have a six month old iMAC running OS Monterey 12.0.1.

No site in your advertising for PS Elements 2022 does it indicate that this version is incompatible with OS Monterey.

I am disgusted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Silicon M1 Chip computer users must use Rosetta 2

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A six month old iMAC uses an Intel processor, not M1.  I still find nothing in your advertising to indicate this system cannot run PS Elements 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying form for PSE2022

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the same page and look at system requirements:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

You should never buy a software without looking at the system requirements The link is ready on the same page and in other steps of the installation, not in hidden fine prints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe Community Professional.

In most other statements about system requirements, the authors provide a minimum system set-up to use the plug in under review.  It is incomprehensible that Adobe should launch a new product and fail to state clearly that it will not work with an updated OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you believe an ACP is? Ask Adobe. I am just another user like you, not a 'pro', I don't work for Adobe. It seems I have a bit more experience than you as a veteran user and voluntary helper on this forum (see my profile). The ACP badge means that I have been able to help a lot more other users than you are doing with your dreams.

Unfortunately I can't help more directly those who don't want to hear the facts. Wise Mac users are aware of the story of recent OS versions especially with Elements, which is not a service (subscription), but a 'perpetual' single purchase. 'Perpetual' meaning tested to work with its requirement in hardware and software of the moment;  understand valid in a 'frozen' perpetual situation which does not exist with software/hardware, especially with Apple's urge to move and change at a growing pace. So wise Mac users are still happy because they have waited a little and let others uninformed and imprudents test the new hardware and software versions. Thy are happy even with PSE 2022.

So, I can't understand at all the urge to move (and pay) for anything that is just newer than current level. I wonder if those users do really care for photo editing and creativity. Why would you really need to move from PSE2021 to PSE2022 ? What is so important for photo editing to go from OS11 to OS12 ? Why do you feel you must change your computer at each OS change ? I don't see 'pro' Mac users having the same issues; they are 'aware' and informed. They can keep updated with their subscription, they are supported by the full power of Adobe, not like by the small Elements 'consumer' team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your extensive reply does not however explain how Adobe can flog a new version of their product with no indication that they have not yet completed the work to make certain it works with the latest operating system.

I guess an ad hominem attack is a qualification to be awarded an Adobe Community Professional designation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback, @default96pp2xrduqdh,

Clearly this topic has devolved into contentious territory over which we — as fellow product users & unpaid forum volunteers — have no control.  I hope you find exactly what you seek in the weeks to follow.  At this time however, you have the best answers that we can provide. 

If you need more help, feel free to reach out to Adobe Customer Support via online chat or the phone number in your region (links posted above). ☝️

Meanwhile, I urge you to stay tuned to the PSE System Requirements page for further updates.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

This discussion is now locked.  Goodbye and best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines