• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long Time User of PSE Why so many Creative Cloud Updates?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE since version 12. Starting in ver. 2022, the app was tied to Creative Cloud. Not a feature I like or use. It seems like there is an update to Creative Cloud every other day! I get really tired of all these interuptions in my work day. Is it really necessary for Adobe to update this service so often?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE since version 12. Starting in ver. 2022, the app was tied to Creative Cloud. Not a feature I like or use. It seems like there is an update to Creative Cloud every other day! I get really tired of all these interuptions in my work day. Is it really necessary for Adobe to update this service so often?

By @pelaird

Yes, we now receive many notifications when the Creative Cloud platform reports updates. Usually, PSE users without any subscription should ignore those notifications and I see no reason to be really bothered by them, they never really slow down my workflow.

I also have also subscriptions even if I only use Bridge, the full ACR plugin and Acrobat. In such a case, those notifications are useful.

As I see it, that Creative Cloud desktop platform manages how all the available Adobe softwares are working together. What PSE users don't seem to realize is also that it manages how those softwares are working with your hardware and your operating system. It replaces the old and obsolete installation and management services used by PSE.

In practice, PSE users have found that in many situations, installing or reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop platform is the only way to solve installation and migration issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I just find it annoying that I have to deal with Creative Cloud since I don't use any of its features. I have tried to turn it completely off, but these update notifications continue. I have now turned off Windows notifications for Creative Cloud. We'll see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what notifications you are talking about, but you can turn off automatic updates of CC.  In the CC Desktop app, go to File>Preferences and click the updates toggle.

Snap_2022.06.23_8h18m12s_001.png

The only time I receive an update notification is when I open the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I had both of these turned off, but was still receiving notifications of Creative Cloud update available. I have now turned off Windows notifications for Creative Cloud. We'll see if this help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PSE mostly, but also subscribe to Photoshop.  Best $10.84 a month I spend on software. Lots of stuff included, all i n  one spot. I happen to love cc.

Greg S. hit it spot on.  I have it checked to always keep cc updated just because.
Do what makes you happy.

I open up the Creative cloud app- and see if anything gets an update... Like this morning:  camera raw 14.4.1 is updating right now.  I can use that to put 14.4.1 in pse if I wanted to, But i'm not going to, I dont have any need to. 

Thousands of fonts, thousands of templates- most of which work in PSE- all in one spot.  I find it more useful than the Organizer found in pse- maybe that's just me. 
2022-06-23_101117.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I dont really use PSE very often for photo editing and never use RAW. I primarily use PSE to design custom icons and other art, so I have no need for Creative Cloud or any of it's features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do what greg suggested and you should be good then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines