• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop when applying update to Elements 13

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yestereday I re-installed Elements 13 due to a computer crash. It is now reinstalled but I have an endless loop thing going on. When I start it up, it says it wants to install the 13.1 update with the option to install it right now or on exit. Either way, it apparently doesn't happen because I get the same message the next time I open it. This renders it useless becasuse you can't just decline the update. I'd appreciate any help someone might be able to offer.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further research shows the solution was to update Adobe Application Manager, but the link to do so appears to go nowhere. Anyone who might be able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I figured it out and got around it.  That will have to work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share what worked for you?

For others having the same problem try going to the following folder (on Windows 10): C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox, then double-click on the Adobe Update Helper.exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing happens when I run adobe update helper.exe file.  I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem and the links to the solution seem to be broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actually now that I tried again I can tell that going to >help>updates and updating the aplication manager first seems to have worked.  Thought I had looked there already but I guess I hadn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines