• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lose selection when leaving Full Screen - PSE15

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the trial version of Photoshop Elements 15, but encounter a really really annoying problem.

When entering full screen view (F11) to view an image, and leaving it by clicking the exit button or hitting escape, I always lose the selected photo, or group of selected photos. This is particularly annoying for large folders, as it jumps right back to the top.

Is there any way around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not only Elements 15, all Elements versions work like this.

When you are in 'Full screen mode' there is no feedback from the full screen module to the organizer.

That mode is mainly intended for two purposes:

- displaying a single photo when you need to be able to zoom freely without opening the editor

- displaying an 'instant' simple slideshow.

Many users would also like to use it as another browsing app with full size zooming, since the organizer does not show the images bigger than 'fit to display space'.

For that purpose, the F11 command is not significantly faster than opening directly in the editor.

Just for comparison, I have also set the free Faststone FSviewer as a second external editor. You get about the same functionaly as the F11 mode.. but there also you don't keep the focus for the last seen image.

The workaround with F11 when you want to select images to be edited later after browsing at 100% pixel size could be:

- create an album with a name such as it will be the first one by alphabetical order

- Starting your browsing session before editing, empty the album

- when in F11 mode, the 'organize' panel  you can display on the left border has an option to add the currently shown image in an album

- When you have finished your selection, you can get back to the organizer to edit your selection.

Since that feature request is still there at version 15, I doubt that it will be soon implemented.

My suggestiion would be to simply add another option or shortcut to display only the current file like in F11, but without the filmstrip or other options. Just the zooming abilility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines