• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of PSE after getting new desktop.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I had to replace my desktop Windows 10 computer. I now have a more up to date version of No. 10.

Unfortunately, not all of my programmes transferred to the new one, including my Photoshop Elements 20.

It has vanished into cyber space.

I previously had an Elements 15 disc.  But don't have one for 20. I cannot remember where or when I purchased it, and have changed email address several times.

I doubt very much that you will be able to help, apart from me buying a new PSE.

Just thought I would ask.

I don't use it much these days,  

Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to -user forum, not Adobe corporate.

According to several posts here, Adobe no longer reactivates older versions of the software on a new machine. 

I agree: the adaptive response to reality if to purchase PSE2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on this link, it will take you to the product page of your Adobe account.  (You may have to sign in to the account to access that page.)  You will find a download link and serial number for all of your registered versions of Elements.  It's not clear from your post whether you are talking about Elements version 20 or Elements 2020 (which is version 18).  The products page will list the version number.

Added:  If you run into any problems activating Elements on your new machine, you may need to sign out of it on your old machine if it is still available for that purpose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.

Sorry for the delay, I have not been on line.

I have eventually found my registration, but it only shows part of the serial number.

I have seen, but now cannot find the snipping tool on this new desktop.

I shall keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just type SNIP into the white box on the bottom left of your screen.

I use "FastStone Capture"- a small utility that lets you type stuff easily into what you clip.  I also have a button on my fancy keyboard that makes screenshots just by pressing the camera button on the keyboard.

2024-04-14_113442.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Glenn. I had managed to find it before I came here just now.

With my old desktop, I had a shortcut  on the task bar. Don't know how to do it now. Could you help?

This is the image I wanted you all to see.

I am obviously registered with an account - but that isn't any help without the whole number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a full number to me.. (BTW: you should blur the whole number excluding the "-". That is normally enough for us.)

Best would be to deactivate Photoshop on the old computer! 

You will need to recover the binaries, if you do not have a disk. Adobe support can give you access to those. This is version 19, as shown, and you may need a qualifying prior number if you habe bought an upgrade.

If you really had a 20, you did not register that one with Adobe. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of comments about your screenshot:

• The registered product you have shown is Premiere Elements 2021, not Photoshop Elements. Make sure that you are inserting the correct product serial number.
  • Although the product seems to be registered, the license number is not one that that is normally associated with the consumer versions of Elements with which I am familiar.  Premiere Elements serial numbers begin with 1143.  As Abambo has indicated, perhaps yours is an upgrade version which has a different initial block of numbers and would require the qualifying earlier version number to be inserted first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am a complete novice where technicalities are concerned, I think it would be best for me to get 2024.

Considering I arrived here in error, you have all been so willing to try to help me. I really appreciate that

A big thank you to you all.

The image below is mine, and used occasionally!!

Hate computers.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.

Thank you, Glenn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines