• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Albums & Folders

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to reinstall Windows 10 operating system on my PC as a result I loss several apps including Photoshop Elements 13. After reinstalling Photoshop Elements 13 on my PC, the new version does not recognize my old albums & folders. It is as if I am starting over with a clean slate. Is there any way to have Photoshop recognize the picture folders that are still on my PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you say

the new version does not recognize my old albums & folders.

can you please elaborate more on what exactly happens? Screenshots of any dialog would be helpful.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arshla, - I was forced to reinstall the same version of Photoshop Elements 2020 but after the reinstall I have all of my Folders with photos but under Organizer there are no Albums. So the only thing I am missing is the Albums? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after nearly 3 years, you come back with the same or a similar problem?  It is still unclear what that problem is. 

Why were you forced to reinstall Elements 2020?  After the new install, did you open the existing catalog that had Albums or did you create a new catalog.  I suspect the latter because if you opened the existing catalog, all of the Albums should still be there.  If you created a new catalog, they would not.

Do you use keyword tags?  Were all of your tags where you expected them to be after the reinsall of the program?  Or did you create a new catalog and during the import of media files, you were offered the opportunity to import your keyword tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, - My PC was hacked and I had to remove/reinstall my operating system (Windows 10) this caused me to lose many apps including Photoshop Elements 2020. So this is why I had to then reinstall Photoshop Elements 2020. During this process I decline to import the keyword tags. Is this the reason I lost my Albums? If so I did not realize it at the time. Is there any other recovery method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as I suspected, you did not open your existing catalog in the new installation of Elements 2020.  Instead you created a new catalog and you declined to import your existing keyword tags.

The only way to recover your Albums is if you still have your catalog folder available either on your original hard drive or in a backup.  The backup can be either an Elements backup or a regular backup of your hard drive using other software.  If you had to wipe your OS drive clean before installing Win 10 again, then your catalog is likely lost unless you had it saved in a custom location on another drive, or unless you had it backed up in some fashion.

If the catalog folder is still available on your computer, then look for files called catalog.pse18db and double-click on the files.  (Ignore the one that you created after the latest installation of Elements 2020.)  This will open any prior copies of your catalog that contain your Albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg, - Thank-you! ... I found the catalog files on my hard drive and now when I open Photoshop Elements 2020 I have my Albums.

Thanks again!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines