• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost date created when saving files.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Elements 2021 on my Mac Big Sur but I also have the same issue with previous Elements version 2018 and 2013 also on my Mac. My problem is that when I save a photo to my Photos Library (not Elements Organizer) the 'created date" on the saved photo is changed to the date and time that I saved the file. So now the date created and the date modified are listed exactly the same as the date and time I just saved the file. Maintaining the original date created for a photo is important in my view if you're looking back at hundreds of photos and are curious as to how old is a photo or what time in history one or more particular photos were physically taken. Now when the photo with the changed created date is opened in Elements and file>file info is selected all of the meta data and correct date created are there. But somehow when I select info on the photo in my Big Sur desktop or photos library after I saved the file, the created date is changed to mirror the modified date. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know virtually nothing about Macs.  But I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  There is simply no consistency between how different programs (and I guess the OS) read and report a file's metadata.  The Organizer should maintain and correctly read the metadata (although, occasionally, there are some discrepencies when importing files).  Frankly, you need to choose a media library and stick with it.  If you start using your OS to change/save your files, you will mess up your Organizer catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing that may help:  post your question in a mac forum- doesn't appear anything related to organizer, or PSE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines