• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Big Sur catalog Backup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Mac M1 post about functionality. Mac Mini 16GB/2TB with Big Sur 11.6.5. I have looked for solutions in multiple forums without a positive outcome and am very familar with the pains of using PSE on Macs over the years. Currently using PSE 2020. I have issues with Beachball when using trackpad and scrolling through pictures, but that I can deal with even though it is frustrating. My current catalog has over 16k files. I was able to Backup Catalog 2 months ago to the same drive, after a couple attempts, but I am unable to to so now. I even tried a different drive. In BU Cat it goes through the usual steps for full BU and even lets me designate drive and folder. When I choose to BU "Please wait...prepares for backup..." Beachball spins irratically and Organizer program shows "not responding". I am cautious about upgrading to Catalina with Elem 2020 because it may make matters even worse. I am willing to purchase ANOTHER PSE version but am wondering whether I should get Elements 2021 or 2022. Another concideration in the mix is to upgrade to Catalina and whether to do that before or after I purchase a more recent Elements. Maybe this could help others in a similar situations. Please and Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions , Bug , Crash or freeze , How to , Mac , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to add that I have another Macmini Mojave 10.14.6 which had the same Elementss 2020 on it so I have been experimenting with it and it's Backup Catalog. Using Adobe uninstaller I uninstalled PSE 2020 and reinstalled-still crashes on Catalog BU. I was able to revert to an older BU Cat-No change I couldn't BU without crashes. My current catalog BU is over 2 months old and I add more photos every day. Please Can Someone Help or direct me to someone who can. Throw me a crumb I will be greatful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines