• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Catalina Elements Organiser 2020

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to create a slide show, Organiser shows 'Loading' continually and fails to respond to any keystroke, the app is completely frozen

I tried creating slide show with just 2 images but still with the same result.

I've attached a screen shot of my Activity Monitor which may help someone understand what is going wromg.

Not impressed so far with this product

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2020 fails to respond to keystrokes as it freezes while attempting multiple operations.

Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

I tried many of the suggested solutions, although disabling Auto-Analysis, Slide Show now operate, however the Organiser is painfully slow..

Any ideas why it is so slow?

Cheers

Tony Wise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up Tony. 

Did you tried resetting the app preferences as mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-photoshop.html#main... ?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akask

I did try resetting the app peference, however the file location did not contain 2020 PE version.  At the location there were legacy folders from versions 12,16,17 and 18 but not 20  

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 12.26.21.png

With this in mind I have two questions.

1) How do I safely delete these folders and 2) where is the version 20 folder?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2020 is version 18 and PSE 2019 was v17. It can be a bit confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks,  I can't believe how stupid I was to misunderstand the product name and the version.

But I would still like to know how to safely remove the legacy folders, or maybe it doesn't matter to performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash

Change app preference but do I delete psa.prf

Hooded-Crow_0-1588706432104.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a quick method of restoring preferences instead. 

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akask,

Thanks again for your continued support.

I performed the task as described and I've attached a copy of the screen shot.  Is this the expected result?

Hooded-Crow_0-1589389012352.png

Cheers

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony, 

We appriciate your cooperation and patiebce. A better approach to restore preferences is what I mentioned in my last comment. Did you tried using that method? 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash,

For additional clarity, when I followed these instructions

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

The result was as the screenshot shown in my reply dated May 13th

When I attempted this

• Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

I only got to this stage

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 17.30.36.png

As you can see there is no 'Reset Preferences' option.  Maybe the 'Restore Default Settings should be chosen.

What do you think?

Cheers

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines