Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Mac OS 11, PS Elements 2021.3 update infinite loop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened PS Elements 2021 (still claimng to be version 19) to see a notice of an available update (2021.3). According to the app, I have version "20210304.m.156367". It is tempting to interpret "20210304" as "2021.3xxx" but I don't think "logic" has anything to do with Adobe.

Ay any rate, one has a choice when encountering the update notice: "Install Now" or "Install on Exit".

Either choice, even after several Restarts and Forced Quits rsults in a dialog with the following:

There is no application set to

open the URL auphd://update?

sapCode=PSE&baseVersion=19.0

&platform=osx10-64&skipUpdat

eInfo=true.

Search the App Store for an application

that can open this document, or choose

an existing application on your computer.

There are 3 buttons: "Search App Store", "Chhose Application..." and "Cancel".

It is now impossible to actually Quit Elements. The only way to "Quit" is the "Force Quit" function which then causes a "Send Report to Adobe because of an error" dialog.

I know PS Elements is one of the last Adobe apps to have a perpetual license. Is this just another attempt to discourage this method?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?