Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OSX Monterey and PSE 2022

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in my experience, it start and work (speed is not great) but the big problem is when I close it, because it won't to start again unless I restart my Mac.
Another bug is about opening a .psd file, when i double click on a .psd file with PSE 2022 closed, it doesn't start.

Mac Mini 2020 (2018) six core, 32GB RAM.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. An update is now available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To update the application, please launch and quit Elements Organizer and leave your system idle. Depending on your internet connection speed, the update will be applied automatically. In case the automatic update fails, please install the update manually.

For more details regarding the update, please refer to release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with OSX Monterey and PSE 2022 (as well as PSE 2021). After updating to Monterey PSE 2022 Home Screen launches quickly but selecting Photo Editor the editor doesn't open and I have to Force Quit. But it has opened some times, though, but when quitting it quits very slowy if at all requiring a Force Quit. Looking at Adobe's own system requirements it doesn't include OSX12. I take this to mean that Adobe has not yet provided a working app for OSX12. For that matter, PSE2021 doesn't work with PSE2021.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but with no change. It appears that Adobe failed to have PSE updated to be compliant with OSX Monterey and they need to provide an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe has failed here.  One horse follows another in this case.  When Apple updates its operating system the rest of the world jumps to keep up.  It takes time to adjust because Adobe has to figure out how the new OS affects its software.  It's always best to not jump on an Apple update until Adobe responds to the changes the new OS brings to the table.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that upgrading to Monterey was my bad in terms of PSE not being ready for prime time. Adobe system specs for PSE 2021/2022 did not include Monterey which should have been a big red flag. But conversations with others who had been using PSE with Monterey OS Betas indicated PSE was fine.

I had upgraded on my laptop before my desktop and PSE seemed to work. Initially. But now even on my laptop PSE is lagging.

It isn’t like Monterey has suddenly been thrust upon the world. Betas have been readily available for over a year for Adobe to test their softwares. I realize that a final version release will likely still have issues, particularly with plug-ins - which I don’t use.

If I had to make a living using Adobe products I would not have upgraded for at least six months. But all my other third party apps are working fine. It’s only PSE that is problematic. Waiting until just one third party app starts to work properly shouldn’t keep me from using all the new benefits Monterey has to offer.

So I will wait for Adobe to get with the program. Literally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never got better with Big Sur after a year of it being around I never updated to Big Sir either. Apple is making it impossible to use Adobe CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still seems to be an incompatability between PSE 2022 and MacOS Mojave. I uninstalled and reinstalled hald dozen times. Still same thing. Launches first time, then lockes up next try. Please update for Mojave Adobe! Premier Elements seems to work fine. Not PSE Photo Editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. An update is now available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To update the application, please launch and quit Elements Organizer and leave your system idle. Depending on your internet connection speed, the update will be applied automatically. In case the automatic update fails, please install the update manually.

For more details regarding the update, please refer to release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let me know if you face any issues, I shall be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines