• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magnetic lasso ?

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used photoshp 7but now I use element 2020. I tried to use Magnetic Lasso but it doesn't work because the magnetic lasso moved to the backgroun instaed of the image. Can anybody help me please?

magnetic-laso.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click esc key on the keyboard to get rid of the outline created by the magnetic lasso tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to select the person in the image, which is what I understood from your original thread, IMO there are better/easier tools to use than the magnetic lasso.  For example, a simple click on the Select Subject button produced this result:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.25_09h28m10s_000_SnapCollage.pngWhere there are several subjects in an image, you can draw a rectangle around one of them using the Auto Selection tool and achieve the same result.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.25_09h32m14s_003_.png

The Quick Selection brush is also, in my mind, a far better and easier tool to use.  I haven't used a Magnetic Lasso in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like using the selection but a little bit of the background now Can I copied the image and place the image on the new palet. Can I creagte the layer mask to hide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not clear about your question.  Do you mean that after using the Select Object button (or Auto Selection tool) some of the background is selected?  If so, you can modify the selection by using one of the other selection tools such as the Selection Brush or the Quick Selection brush.  You can also use a mask to clean up the selection.  In my following screenshot:

1. The Object Selection tool selected some of the car in the background
  2. I selected the Quick Selection tool and used the Subtract option (you can also use the Alt key to subtract from normal mode)
  3. The black car was easily removed but some roadway remains selected
  4. Using a mask the roadway was removed

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.25_12h49m48s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines