• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making my photos accessible to my family

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to store my photos in the cloud somewhere and make them accessible to my family so that my family can search photos using the keywords, etc. that I have attached to each photo.  I use Photoshop Elements 20 to organize my photos.  Is this possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not.  Photoshop Elements is stand alone desktop software only.  It's of no use to anyone except you.  That goes for your image meta data as well. 

I suggest you publish your images to an online photo storage & sharing site like Flickr or 500px.  See link below for more...

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-photography-sites

If you've got some great photos to sell, consider becoming an Adobe Stock contributor.

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/insights/best/contributors

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is no way to manage files on the cloud with all the search tools available with organizer catalogs.

What you can do is to export files to Dropbox, OneDrive or other syncing solution. Those services create a special folder tree on your computer which they keep synced with the cloud version;  that cloud version is accessible to all; if you have "written metadata to files" before exporting, the keywords, tags and ratings are available to all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation to the original poster.  600 scanned family photos I'm cataloging with lots of notes.  I'd like their help identifying people, etc.

If I use your concept of syncing my organizer 2020 files/metadata through OneDrive, does this assume that the person accessing is using the same software in order to read the notes, etc?  

Can this situation be solved by upgrading to some other photoshop product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was exactly my situation 6 months ago. I had to share and comment hundreds of scans of old family photos with my 4 brothers.

I am using PSE and as I said in my previous post, I am well aware that even if my brothers had PSE, I could not share my photos WITH the catalog on solutions like OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive or similar.

- No problem at all to share the photos from the above Cloud syncing solution.

- No problem to 'write metadata to files' which makes the tags available from the Windows Explorer, but which is not practical for my correspondents (and rather limited).

- No solution to share the catalog even if they all had PSE.

So, I choose the Dropbox sharing solution.

I created a dedicated folder in the dropbox folder on my computer with sharing provided to my correspondents.

I regularly added and updated my files to make them available

I used the dropbox sharing options to exchange comments. My brothers did not need to have a dropbox subscription. We had no problems commenting mutually.

I suppose it would have been possible with OneDrive or Google Drive or from photo sharing apps as suggested by @Nancy OShea .

I don't think it would be realistic to ask my correspondents to use native Cloud applications like Lightroom, the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines