• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maps PSE 18

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the maps in photoshop elements 18 have stopped working, does anyone have an answer ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would write that this is a cynical marketing ploy by Adobe to extract another payment from their user base. In any other industry if a feature stops working there is normally some recourse - a repair or an update at a nominal cost say. In this case Adobe knew that this was coming up, they also knew that people had been forced to update a year ago because of the Geotagging issue. They chose not to warn the users, they then only provide one course of action at a cost 80% higher than the cost of the original software  a year ago.

For people like me who are not professional photographers and just want a convenient way to organise their family photos and some basic editing tools, this is tantamount to blackmail. The next step would conceivably to scramble the photos themselves and then tell us that to unscramble them we must upgrade to the next version of software.

So yes, I reiterate - this is a cynical marketing ploy by Adobe to extract another payment from their user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree that is a marketing ploy. Since when does any company not provide support for anything only a year old? Adobe should provide an update to fix the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've had the same problem with version 14 one year ago. Map view stopped working without any error message. Adobe proposed to buy version 2018. I did and one year later I get the error massage that map view is not available any longer.

Hey Adobe I've bought version 9, 14 and 2018 each together with Primiere for private use and I work for a big company that use and sells Adobe products.

Please satisfy some loyal customers and provide a patch or good price update version. I would spent 10 EUR for the ability to use the new organizer version with my old PSE and Premiere Elements without function enhancements than the working map view.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the maps function in Elements 18 has stopped working, but can anyone tell me if there is still a way to add a  new Places tag?

All that happens when I try to add a new tag is that it takes me to the now non funtioning map view.

If there isn't the least Adobe could do is provide an update to turn off this now redundant feature and let me manually label the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe's software development practices are by any standards reasonably modern then providing a patch for PSE2018 should not be a big deal.

Yes, it was Google that changed their end of the deal, but for Adobe to blame Google is all too easy.

Some kind of short-term maintenance is a reasonable expectation for a paying product. I'm pretty sure that even at a marginally low cost for a patch Adobe would still be making money off of it - although really it should be free.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You may contact support team, they would be able to help you here.

Regards,

Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Saurabh, that sounds like a solution is available that does not imply upgrading to PSE 19 at the regular upgrade pricing?

If so, I'm wondering, is there any reason why that solution cannot be shared in this forum or in the knowledge base (and save support the time and trouble of having to respond to individual requests)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post after i wanted to pick up the places editing on pse2018. Contacted adobe support regarding this and they simply refuse to do anything. So freaking irritating that something that can be repaired with an update to PSE2018 is used by adobe to get more of my money (that i currently not have for this)..
They tell to use the workaround (update to 2019). NO PEOPLE, that is not a workaround. This is something that is broken in software we bought not so long ago. And this should be fixed with an update to PSE2018. Adobe's policy to quickly abandon a version so to force people who want to keep using a function they have paid for must pay again is really terrible.

I am so frustrated now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saurabh,

I opened a support case a little over a week ago. So far not a word in response ... How long is the typical response time for a known problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 wees after creation a support ticket, still nothing ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon Zoombrowser & Image Browser both have map facility when using with EOS map utility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines