• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum number of images and videos Adobe Elements Organizer

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody tell what the recommended maximum number of media files is?

I have approx 140k images - including approx 10k video files. 

It took more than one week for my six core, 16gig RAM PC to perform the face recognition. 

Now I´m trying to create a backup of the catalog - after around half an hour it tels me, that my system has not enough ressources to complete the backup. 

70gig free space on the main ssd 

600gig free space on the data hdd

5,5gig RAM used / 16gig total

I didn´t found any information about limitations. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and this solution worked for me.

Backup Bug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution posted by Christian may certainly help.  But you may not have enough hard drive space available.

First, I am not aware of any published recommendations about the size of a catalog.  My catalog is slightly larger than yours.  A backup using the Adobe tool backs up not only the catalog itself (which is relatively small - about 12GB in my case), but also all of the media files.  My photos take up just over 1TB and my ~10k video files also take up over 1 TB of storage.

While the size of your files may differ (and, over time, image sizes have increased), if you have anywhere near the same storage requirements as my catalog, you clearly would not have enough space for the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Is there any update about Maximum number of images and videos Adobe Elements Organizer2021 ?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@laykuly, there is nothing new to report about a recommended catalog size. (There is no recommended maximum, and there are many reasons to keep only one catalog.) I currently have almost 200K media in my catalog.  In my own experience, I would say that performance, particularly for face recognition, has improved in Elements 2021.  However, face recognition is a high intensity operation, the speed of which will depend on the size and number of the media and perhaps, more importantly, on the specs of the hardware.  I have a computer with lots of processing power and RAM.  It will still take many days of running my computer 24/7 to analyze all of the faces in a catalog my size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Greg, many thanks for your advice.
Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines