• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata does not include captions added in Elements

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that the captions I have added to thousands of photos in Elements do not exist in the photo file. Can I fix this or am I forever stuck with Elements???

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that the captions I have added to thousands of photos in Elements do not exist in the photo file. Can I fix this or am I forever stuck with Elements???

By @tennisluvr2

Captions are managed in the catalog. That's true for other types of data entered in the catalog like keywords. The principle is to choose what and when you want to have captions 'written in the metadata header' section of your photo files (or in sidecar xmp files for raws).

So, you have to choose your files (that can be a huge batch) and 'write metadata to files' (shortcut Ctrl V).

Note that captions added individually should be written automatically to files, not so with batch addition of captions. Captions are entered in different fields of the metadata (eg IPTC and xmp) at the same time. That may explain incompatibility betwween various management tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can write Captions to image properties, by selecting the media and choosing File->Save Metadata to Files.

The captions are visible as Title in Details tab of File properties.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1638176881140.png

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Somya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines