• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

metadata library could not be loaded

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Windows 10, 64 bit, machine, newly installed Photoshop Elements 2019 (version 17.0).

When I do file -> file info. on an image I get the error message: "Could not complete the file info command because the metadata library could not be loaded."

I have tried uninstalling Photoshop Elements and reinstalling it and I still get the same error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new catalog or have you restored the catalog from an old machine?  If so, how did you restore it? And was the old catalog built under a prior Elements version?

I've never seen this error message, but you can try repairing the catalog under File>Manage Catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any catalogs, so there are none to manage.  I just have some folders of images on my computer. I've never had any catalogs, and did not restore a catalog from an old machine.

I get the same error message when trying to view metadata on old images I have added to the "my pictures" folder moved over from my old computer, and I also get this same error message with a new image I just saved to my desktop on the new machine that I saved directly from email.

In previous versions of photoshop elements on other machines, I could edit photos and their metadata without actually having or making catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough.  I see that somebody had the same issue a couple of years ago, but the Adobe staff member who responded gave no quick answer. 

At this point, the only thing I can suggest is to reset the preferences.  Hopefully, someone else can come by with a more helpful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the problem on my PC by downloading from Microsoft  and installing:

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

That was recommended on a similar thread elsewhere here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines