• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Edge crash after installing Photoshop Elements 2022

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Photoshop Elements 2022 more my laptop Microsoft Edge crach regularly even if Photoshop is not running. Got an error message that msedgewebviewer2.exe stopped working. Edge will not start again until the pc is restarted. After starting the laptop again it repeats. After uninstalling Photoshop Elements 2022 everything works again without any problems. Running Windows 11 Pro 64.

Had the same problem also before upgrading from windows 10. Had an earlier version of Photoshop Elements down loaded as an Microsoft app earlier but that version is uninstalled. Can there be old program files that needs to be removed?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this issue reported before, so I suggest you try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

It sounds to me like it is more of a Microsoft issue, so you may want to contact Microsoft Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

I have an idea where the problem lays. I first had the version of PE 2022 downloaded from the Microsoft app store. I had some problems with that version so I claim the purchase and uninstall the software from my PC. After that I installed the program from Adobe and PE2022 works fine but with the issue that Edge craches. I think there are some files from the firts installation from Microsoft that are still in my laptop and make a conflict with the new version of PE2022.

I think I need to clean my pc from the first installation. I will contact the support to get help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Nabbis,

Just wanted to check if you're still facing this issue. We haven't heard this issue from other users, neither have we personally encountered this. So it'd be also good to have the Microsoft support team investigate this issue.

Regards,

Medha Sharma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines