• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate Elements 9 on Windows 7 to Elements 2020 on Windows 10 ?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community

A question before I buy Elements 2020 for my Windows 10.

I have approx 25000 photos from Windows 7 My Pictures catalogued in Elements 9 on my old PC. Can I import all this  catalogueing  into Elements 2020 on Windows 10 with my new Laptop ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Migration to a new computer is performed by creating a full backup on an external drive, and a restore from the organizer installed on the new computer with the new PSE version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

After the catalog and the media files have been restored, the catalog is converted to the current format (the old catalog is not overwritten).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum where you posted.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for moving me to the right place. I have now had a very helpful reply to my question. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migration to a new computer is performed by creating a full backup on an external drive, and a restore from the organizer installed on the new computer with the new PSE version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

After the catalog and the media files have been restored, the catalog is converted to the current format (the old catalog is not overwritten).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michel. This answers my question very well and I will be following the instructions in the Link. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines