Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate (not backup/restore) Catalog Database

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I recently built a new computer and moved my secondary D: drive (where all data is stored) from the old PC to the new.  My intent was to also copy the Elements Organizer 2021 database into its proper location on the new PC (C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog).  I've done all of these things, yet Elements Organizer does not recognize the database.  I've checked the Catalog Manager and it's set to "Catalogs Accessible to All Users".  I can create a test database and it shows up at "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Test".

How can I get Organizer to recognize the old database?

TOPICS
Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the old computer's catalog stored on the D drive and you have now moved the catalog to the default location on the C drive?

In Windows File Explorer, try double clicking on the catalog.pse21db file in the My Catalog folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just so we are clear, did you move the whole My Catalog folder from the D drive to the Catalogs folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines