• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from PE12 to Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 12 on an older PC with Win 8.1.  I have purchased a new PC with Win 11 and now have a Lightroom registration.  I need guidance on how to migrate/copy/transfer the PE 12 catalog (or PE 12 itself if required) from the old PC to the new PC so that Lightroom can access it?  I hope not to have issues with the "license" for PE 12 when moving from the old PC to the new PC.  Does Adobe Help provide guidance on how to make this migration?   I have "Full Backup" files from PE 12 on an external Drive.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Classical process:

1 - You install another instance of your PE12 on the new computer (or better a trial version of the current PSE 2022, free for 30 days)

2 - From that new PSE2022, you restore everything where you want in the new computer where you want in default or custom location. If necessary, the organizer catalog conversion to version 2022 is automatic

3 - You use Lightroom to convert the organizer catalog to the Lightroom format.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/moving-from-pse-14-on-one-pc-to-lightro...

Tips:

If you choose to store your restored library on an external drive in custom location, you should not need to install another PSE version. Lightroom should convert the catalog found in the external drive.

If you choose to reinstall PSE12 on the new computer, beware of the number of available activations; if necessary, deactivate one of the two allowed activations before reinstalling. Or download the current PSE2022 trial version.

With a PSE organizer version on the new computer, you can access your photo files like before as well as from LR. Be careful not to use both softwares to organize: what is made in one is ignored by the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines