Copied

All my albums disappeared on me. Why?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have given us no information to work on, your guess is as good as mine. 

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Have you perhaps hidden the left panel that contains your Albums.  If so, click on the Show Panel button in the lower left of the screen.  Then make sure you have the Albums tab selected instead of the Folders tab at the top left of the Panel that will appear:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.08_01h15m10s_000_SnapCollage.png

If this is not the problem, we need more information.  For example, are you importing your files to a new catalog?  If so, your Albums will not be available.  You have to restore a backup to preserve Albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Greg.

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Elements for a number of years now and never had my Albums completely disappear. I have Windows 10. Purchased the 2021 Adobe Photoshop Elements Software in March 2021 - and had no problems downloading. My albums got transferred from the 2019 Adobe Photoshop Elements Software and everything was fine. 

Then one day - there was no albums anymore.

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred, you still have not explained what you mean.  Are you able to open the Albums tab shown in the screenshot in my earlier post?  If so, are there no albums present?

Alternatively, if you click on the Search button and select the Albums tab, is there nothing there?

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.15_13h44m48s_000_SnapCollage.png

Also, what happens if you go to the Find>By Details (Metadata) dialog and select Albums as your search criteria?  Does anything show up in the dropdown box?

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.15_13h52m11s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Albums tab is open but none of the albums I created is there any more.
It was blank. It's like it never had any albums.
I have already started creating new albums and importing pictures from my
2019 Photoshop Elements program.

When I go to Find - By Details (metadata) - it shows me the new albums I
just created - none of my 'old' ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FredDWG said:  I have already started creating new albums and importing pictures from my
2019 Photoshop Elements program.

You seem to have a misunderstanding of what a catalog is and how the program operates. How have you imported pictures from Elements 2019 to Elements 2021?  When you first opened Elements 2021, you were given the opportunity to convert your existing Elements 2019 catalog into Elements 2021.  If you proceeded with the conversion, all of your Elements 2019 Albums would have been preserved. 

You previously indicated that all of your Albums were transferred from Elements 2019 and then disappeared.  I somehow doubt that was what happened.   If you did not convert the old catalog, no Album information would have been transferred.  If all you did was Import>From Files and Folders  or via a Bulk Import, only keyword tags may have been transferred, but not Albums.  And if you did in fact convert the old catalog so that the old Albums were transferred to 2021, I'm guessing that you have now created a new catalog.  If you go to File>Manage Catalogs, do you have more than one catalog listed?

In any event, to recover your old Albums, you can convert your old catalog again.  I shall await to hear further from you before giving any more detailed instructions.  And since you have been creating new albums, it will not be possible to merge the two catalogs so that you have both old and new albums in the same catalog (although if you really needed to do that, we could suggest a workaround to make that happen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to assist me.

I have updated my Elements program for several years now. Never had a
problem like this before. In previous updates the Albums are automatically
transferred. It started the same for the 2021. Then out of the blue, my
albums simply completely disappeared. I am not making this story up. I have
over 100,00 pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FredDWG, I'm not suggesting that you are making anything up, but without detailed answers to my questions, there's not much more I can do for you.  If you still want to recover the lost Albums, I am sure we can help you.  But we can't do it alone.  If my questions are not clear, let me know and I will try to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if he has the same problem as me.  You show an album/folder panel.  I no longer have that and I cannot see a way to get it in view or preferences. If I try a search as you suggested and select albums, it shows my albums, so they are somewhere.  Using windows 10 with photoshop elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dale Dewing, there is a toggle button in the lower left of the window that turns the Album/Folder panels on and off.

Snap_2022.03.25_12h32m39s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why I didn'g see that? 

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines