• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing editing history data in Photoshop Elements 2018 for all pictures with editing

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is Ed Shulman. My email address is [personal information removed by Moderator]. I have had Photoshop Elements 18 for a few years. I was just working on entering a photo contest that requires any editing data to be forwarded along with the image. I noticed when I started working on the images that the Editing History data would disappear from the far right column of Elements where the General Information, Mededata and History are normally shown. In place of the History information would be a line that says Edited Image with a brief thumbnail of it, and in some cases a thumbnail of the Original image and a line that says Original image. The dates that these occurred were also shown.
While I was making the changes to the image, the Editing History showed on the screen. As soon as the image was closed out in editing and saved, that information no longer was available to me.
If I send these images into a contest, will the edit History information go along with the photo? Secondly, does anyone know why this occurs? Could it be because of the number of photos I have in Photoshop Elements 18 exceeds some limit that automatically compresses this data?
I really appreciate the assistance of anyone that can help me understand the situation and if there is a solution and what that is. Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of history is expected for the contest?

Could you mention the exact wording of that requirement?

The history panel in the organizer mainly manages you 'version sets'. It can't help in any way to describe your exif data nor your editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines