• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing or Corrupted File?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've learned a lot over many years from this discussion, so thanks! But an issue has eluded me. If it helps, I'm using PSE 2024 on a Windows 11 Home machine, 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400, 12 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system. Earlier version of PSE were on this computer and updated, but now deleted.

Lately, when I've gone to "Get Photos and Videos from Files and Folders" within PSE, it often freezes up. Sometimes if I'm trying to get more than about 800 images. Often seems to get stuck on a specific file. Eventually, everything freezes, error report to Adobe, shuts down, and the computer acts so oddlly I have to restart Windows to get things working again. This morning it got stuck on "D:/jim/PSE Test.IMG_4019_HEVC.MOV" for about an hour,. Then all the bad things mentioned above happened. Got an error message in a box: "The exception unknown softeware exception (0xe0434352) occured in the application at location 0x00007FFC37F3F39C" (yes, exactly that with repeated words). Closed that and got: "The exception unknown softeware exception (0xe0000008) occured in the application at location 0x00007FFC37F3F39C." When I closed that box, got: "Exception Processing Message 0x0000005 - Uexpected parameters." Restarted everything.

Figured I'd go see what that file was in File Explorer causing all the problem and if it wasn't an image/video I needed, might move or delete so it doesn't remain an issue. Instead, can't find that file name or even parts of the name "4019_HEVC" anywhere on my computer. I've looked everywhere.

Any ideas? I've unistalled and reinstalled PSE a couple times. Tried the Adobe removal device to see if older PSE parts, but that didn't seem to do much. Called Adobe and while helpful, had me to all the things I've done several times. Catalot issue? Not sure even if those error messages are PSE related or Windows related.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name indicates it is a video.  If it was shot in the HDR color space, it cannot be imported into Elements 2024.

The name also indicates that it has been renamed from the original in some manner.  PSE Test.IMG_4019_HEVC.MOV.  Does this ring any bells about you doing some kind of test e.g. renaming the files or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg. Likely something I created with Adobe products 5+ years ago. Any idea why I can't find its existence ANYWHERE on the computer in any folder or even a search of the hard drive through Windows? (If it helps, I also have PSE Premiere for videos, just never use it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, you said:  Lately, when I've gone to "Get Photos and Videos from Files and Folders" within PSE, it often freezes up. . . . This morning it got stuck on "D:/jim/PSE Test.IMG_4019_HEVC.MOV" for about an hour

It's not clear to me what you were doing at the time or exactly what was stuck.  Please be exact in your description of what import command and what program you are talking about.  I'm assuming that you are talking about the Elements Organizer and the Import>From Files and Folders command. But your description is closer to the Add Media> commands in Premiere Elements.

If you were using the Organizer's Import command, were you selecting more than one folder?  Did your folder selection include the D:/jim/ folder - because that's where you say the video file got stuck?  And if that is the case, and you cannot find the problem .mov file, then something seems to be corrupt.  But I cannot tell whether the corruption is in your OS or in the Organizer's catalog.  Once you give some more details, perhaps I can be more helpful.

And how are you searching for the file?  I recommend getting a free utility called Everything.  It is very fast and flexible in conducting searches for files.  Now having said that, it occurs to me that the MOV file was once imported into your catalog but you deleted it outside of the Organizer.  This would make the file missing and could create the problem you have partially described.  I suggest you do one or both of the following:

• In the Organizer, press Shift+Ctrl+K which will bring up the find by filename search box.  Type in HEVC.MOV.  Does the problem file appear in the grid?  And if so, if you double-click on it does it show as missing?
  • In the Organizer, go to the Find menu and select All Missing Files.  Depending on the size of your catalog, this search may take a minute or two.  Do any files show up in the grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Sorry, felt bad I provided all the details I did, so hate it wasn't clear. The wording I used was what showed at the top of the box while searching. The actual path is File>Get Photos and Videos>From Files and Folders while I am trying to bring in some photos in a hardrive directory that downloaded directly through iCloud. 

As to the searches you recommend, if I search for that specific file name (PSE Test.IMG_4019_HEVC.MOV), it says no results. If I search on the term "4019" about 5 photos show up all of which are fine. If I search for HEVC.MOV, I get 212 files, most of which show a thumbnail and can play and about 30 that just show a "play" button and the files seem disconnected. However, then the program froze up and I get a "Creative Cloud UI Helper.exe - Application Error" citing one of those long location numbers like in my original post. Was able to close PSE but not able to reopen, so again had to restart computer.

If I search for missing files, I get 343 files with a "disconnected" symbol. Reconnect does not seem to do anything but run forever. Can I delete those thumbnails?

Hope that helps. Appreciate your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad!  I never use that option to import and forgot the wording.

So, here is what I think you need to do.:

• Get rid of  the missing files problem. 
  • If you are not concerned about removing these files from your catalog, simply go through the Find>All Missing Files process, press Ctrl+A to select all of them, and then hit Delete
  • If you want to retain all or some of the missing files in the catalog, we need to figure out where they are.  So, first, select one of the files and go to the Information panel on the right of the window.  The Organizer thinks that the file should be in the folder displayed under the Location link.  Either click on the link to open the location in File Explorer, or hover over the path name if it is not fully visible and the full path will be displayed.  Hopefully, this will give you some clue as to why the file is no longer in that location.  At some point you must have either moved or renamed the file outside of the Organizer.   (In future, NEVER conduct file operations outside of the Organizer.)

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, June 19, 2024_11h35m15s.png

• To reconnect the files, do a search of your computer for the file name to see whether it actually exists under the Organizer's name.  As noted in my earlier post, the file utility Everything is really fast at this, but if you have properly indexed your files under Windows, that is fine too.  If you can find the file (either under its original name or under a renaming of the file), double-click on the missing file in the Organizer grid and navigate to its path using the Browse button.  As you have already experienced, waiting for the Organizer to find the location automatically takes forever.  And if you have renamed the file, it may never be found.
  • With respect to the iCloud photos, how are you downloading these to your computer?  Are you using the iCloud for Windows application?  If so, the missing video may not actually be stored on your computer but is still in the iCloud.
  • Once there are no longer any missing files in your catalog, go to File>Manage Catalogs and perform a Repair and Optimize on your active catalog.  Proceed with these operations even if a message appears that says no issues were found.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines