Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing photoshop Elements backup file .backup.tly

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just tried to restore a backup of my photos using the restore function on Photoshop Elements 2020.

It can't find the backup.tly file in the appropriate directory. I checked the previous backup done with Elements 2020 and it is also missing the backup.tly file. I checked the previous backup done on and older version of Elements and the file is there.

Is there any was to restore the newer version? There have been many changes since the last backyp that has an backup.tly file and would be very difficult to do.

I am using Windows 10.

You think you are safe. I had the latest backup files stored in 2 different locations. How are you supposed to know to check that the backup is complete. I always wait until the "backup complete" message shows up before finishing. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just tried to restore a backup of my photos using the restore function on Photoshop Elements 2020.

It can't find the backup.tly file in the appropriate directory. I checked the previous backup done with Elements 2020 and it is also missing the backup.tly file. I checked the previous backup done on and older version of Elements and the file is there.

Is there any was to restore the newer version? There have been many changes since the last backyp that has an backup.tly file and would be very difficult to do.

I am using Windows 10.

You think you are safe. I had the latest backup files stored in 2 different locations. How are you supposed to know to check that the backup is complete. I always wait until the "backup complete" message shows up before finishing. 

By @Royveroakville2011

As a matter of fact, it's not enough to wait for that message. In my own experience with many hundreds of backups, I always check for the presence of the backup.tly in the backup folder. Since it's the last written file in the process, if you see it, you should be good. The number of  'missing .tly' files reported in this forum suggests that you should perhaps wait a little more to close the process after the message. So, always checking after a minute or two would be a good practice to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if you wait and the tly file still is not included in backup, then what should one do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines