• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing tool

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago the dodge tool disapeared has this happened to any one else. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

You may be in the Quick editing mode.  If so, change to Expert.

If you have recently used one of the related tools, such as the Sponge tool, that icon will appear in the toolbar.  However, if you look in the Tool Options bin, the Dodge tool will be available.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.09_00h59m15s_012_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

You may be in the Quick editing mode.  If so, change to Expert.

If you have recently used one of the related tools, such as the Sponge tool, that icon will appear in the toolbar.  However, if you look in the Tool Options bin, the Dodge tool will be available.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.09_00h59m15s_012_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god what a simple fix, did not realize that the 2 of those tools were in the same spot thank you so much for helping this total air head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question and answer, thanks. But a beef: I have been dodging/burning photos for 50+ years, digitally since before PhotoShop, and in Elements since v2. V8 was so good I stuck with it in retirement until Mac OS 12.4 forced buying PSE2022. It's mostly great so far, but I was dumbfounded that those most basic of all tools (except crop) were missing from the tool palette. Sponge is not a basic, and tricky. Please tell the designer geniuses that this sort of needless tinkering can incense loyal customers, including those of us who have extensive followings among peers and students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure thatthe sponge tool has been in pse since day 1, and if it hasn't been, then it's been around for a bunch of years- that's not tickering- it's by design.  

Just like designing the dodge and burn tool icons based upon, generally home made items used in dark rooms- it's by design.   I'n not aware of any of the basic tools being removed over the years, however, to see all possible tools and their options you do need to be in expert mode. 

PSE has always been geared toward the average "mom and pop" "joe average" type of user.  The interface over the years has moved away from the almost cartoonish / colorful interface of the earlier versions and now is pretty much the same style as Photoshop.

2022-06-01_032102.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, I was in expert mode. And yes, sponge has been there for about
2 decades, visible and easily ignored; I used it -- once.
Dodge/burn was always-visible at least thru v8, which I kept to avoid
needless re-learning; Mac OS 12.4 demanded all-64-bit-only.
Mom and Pop and this retired pro do not need more whiz-bang, just a
decent interface and no constant $ drain. That's why I tested and dropped
the CS-online that came with my last Leica.
I was ticked when I couldn't find dodge/burn in PSE2022. Thanks to
someone on the forums, not the "help" thing, I see the new pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating my summer post re absence of the "color adjustments" tool from recent versions of PS Elements. I used PSE 2022 once with Rosetta in Mac Silicon OS13, then the next session crashed beyond my duffer ability to recover.

I reverted to my ancient Mac with PSE 8 and thumb-net (flash drives, kinda like a 1980s guy in sneakers carrying files on floppies down the hall, hence sneaker-net).

No help from gigaplex Adobe; some help on this and a few other matters in the forums, thanks.

I may now spend $100 for PSE 2023 and $60 or so for each of two simpler rivals, test run them all, and hope to get what I need without keeping pigware on my clean M2max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines