• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monterey Photoshop Elements 2021 not working

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see several people have the same issues.

Mine Monterey 12.0.1 on a Apple MacBook Pro 16 inch using Photoshop Elements 2021. The Photo-Editor stops/no response. Only a quit and reboot helps. A full shut down and try again seems to work sometimes. Any suggestions please?

Tried to contact Support directly but no reply. Concerned as I have a new MacBook Pro on order with Max1 and I understand Photo Elements 2022 doesn't work here either.

Comments or help please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Also there is an update available for Elements 2022, which has this fix in case if you do not want to update your macOS to 12.1.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.1 Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have updated my Mac with Intel Processor to MacOS Monterey 12.1 and i have PSE 2021.
I still very oftenly cannot launch PSE 2021 without restarting my Mac. The last update of PSE 2021 dates from 08/23/2021 while that of PSE 2022 dates from 12/18/2021.
What should we do ?

The corrective update is for PSE 2022 and not for PSE 2021. 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

yes I have just upgraded from PE 2021 to 2022.  The new updated version, seems ( fingers-crossed ) to be working. I will give it a few weeks before saying too much. It does make you upgrade I am afraid.

Regards

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, did you have to pay for the upgrade to get PE 2022 so that it would work with the Monterey OS?  I  purchased PE 2021 less than three months ago, and if so I am not inclined to pay for PE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip:

I upgraded and paid, because I had 2021 for the full year. As an upgrade I paid £59 directly to Adobe. I made the decision that I wanted the software to work and bit-the-bullet and handed over my hard earned money.

If I was you, I would contact Adobe Support, quote the date when you paid and ask for a reduced upgrade. This may work, it did for me, 3 years ago.

With computer software changing, nothing really stands still and some programmes like PE become out dated. This isn't fair of course but it is life. You have to make a decsion whether to accept this and really it is a personal choice.  Let me know which way you go.

Regards and seasonal greetings. Good luck.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this: 

I uninstalled PSE 2021 and reinstalled it.

This does not solve the problem.

I still can only launch PSE 2021 one time.

At the second time, I have to restart the mac ... ?.?.?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade is only on PE 2022. You have to decide yourself whether to upgrade or not.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been online with Adobe staff yesterday and today. 3 hours each time. Imac with Monterey 12.01. They have worked tirelessly to do all they can to get PE 21 working. Tomorrow I'll get a call with top techs. We'll see. If it doesn't work I'll request a refund because I purchased Sept this year. Great program but the new update on Monterey sure did a number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution with those top techs ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have the latest update to Monterey- which is 12.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i only bought it four months ago... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you contact Adobe Customer Services and tell them! The upgrade will only help those buying the 2022 verision. Which leaves you out, I am afraid.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issues on an iMac 2020. Almost impossible to run Elements under Monterey. I changed to an iMac in early 2021 from Windows and, will not go back. At that time I needed to upgrade to Elements 2021 ($$ isn't it still 2021!). With the switch from Windows to Mac I had  no issues with productivity application/vendors except Adobe. 
I just updated macOS Monterey to 12.1. At this time it "seems" to be much better. I can use Organizer and xmViewMp to open pics in Editor. I'll try to respond with any updates. If issues I will be looking for a replacement for Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to my post of 12/26/2021. At that time I upgraded my iMac 27" Intel i5 3.3 GHz to Monterey 12.1 from Monterey 12.0.1,  I am running Elements 2021. I was going to post about my success running over the past 2 weeks with no issues and a load time of all Element applications under 5 seconds. I was happy. Then I thought I better try one more time to confirm my operations and Element apps would not open. I had other apps open, Mail, Messages, Safari, Firefox, I closed them all and tried again. The Elements apps are back working as expected. So bottom line - I am confused. Just thought I add to the overall confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been your route, so nearly there! "Overall Confusion " should be the headline for this thread.

I am sure it is a memory problem as I removed everything else from my desktop. It doesn't seem to do the same every time though. I have moved forward and purchased 2022, it really was the only way for me. As much as I like Adobe, I think the customer relations team need to join the real world and not stick their heads in the sand with frankly silly suggestions. Suggestions they must know are silly.

Good product Adobe, customer relations dealing with a faithfully core-base - needs to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to investigate alternatives. I'm intrigued with Serif Affinity. It's qualified for Monterey 12 and all previous versions on M1 and Intel processors and a price of $55, with future updates. There is also an IPad app for $10. Even when I was on Windows i did not use Organizer using Faststone. On iMac I'm using Xnview. If sucessful I'll be happy to be able to unload all the Adobe background apps. Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm going to move on. For a number of years I've used Elements for initial editing and a front end to other vendor plugins. I never used the Organizer. I also used another app for cropping and straightening that was much easier. I switched from Windows to IOS in March of 2021 and will not go back. All my social, business, productivity applications moved over, no issues. I needed to upgrade Elements ($$) to get it to work. No issues/costs with any other applications. Elements did not work great, slow, but it worked. Following recent update to IOS Elements went out to lunch. I've install two photo editing applcation, trials, that work immediately as advertised and have all the functions I'm interested in using (and then some). I'm looking forward to cleaning up all the Adobe background processes on my computer. Don't want to worry going forward that I needed to perform regression testing for applications because vendors are not keeping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, do you realize that there is nothing worse in terms of image than completely ignoring your customers and not responding to them ?
I acquired my PSE 2021 license only 4 months ago, and today I can no longer use it correctly !

Yes, I updated my Mac to macOS Monterey 12.1.
But I have listed 57 applications on my iMac and Adobe PSE 2021 is the only one (yes the only one) that no longer works correctly. And you are releasing a patch for PSE 2022 but not for PSE 2021.
Is it planned obsolesence ?

As for those who agree to pay for an update, what will you do in a year when Apple will release an update to its operating system and your version of PSE will no longer be the last when PSE 2023 will comes out ?

Will you pay again to have a working PSE ?

It is not necessary to answer my question. This is not a criticism that I make you, you are totally free to make your choice

But in my opinion, Adobe is abusing ...

We are in a period of celebration and there are holidays in companies all over the world.

I want to be patient a bit. But if at the beginning of January a fix is ​​not available, I will look for an alternative to PSE.

I don't want to pay for an update every year, because Adobe only updates its latest version.

Happy new year to everyone including Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar behaviour here. The options offered by Adobe Support on the phone were to either downgrade of MacOS or moving to a subscription-based Photoshop version; both are not an option to me.

However, found a recent article on the same problem with Photoshop Elements 2022 here.

So I tried the same approach, i.e. upgrade to MacOS 12.1 and running Elements Organizer once afterwards. This solved it for me - Photoshop Elements Editor 2021 is working again on MaxOS 12.1 now. Hope it works for others, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't care about licensed Adobe Elements 21 users - they just want you to pay for Elements 22. Customer service just gives you a run around instead of resolutions 

We should all reach out to Apple and let them know how Adobe is advocating for users to downgrade their OS and in my case told me to use a windows based computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue mid-Jan.  Support absolutely no help.  3 hours of nothing exept start, restart, re-load.  Folks!  It's a software issue with PSE21!  Adobe wake up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been reaching out to them since the end of December - all I get is a run around. They promise call backs and never call back. I was told that my case has been escalated - it seems like it is just escalated to the transfer to anyone department

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: It only worked for a few times, then same behaviour again.

Tried to get a workable solution for PSE2021 through Adobe Support - nope.

In the end the only workable solution was to buy a regular PSE2022 update at no extra discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I managed to speak to them.  Did exactly what they suggested which is the same as people have put on the forum BUT it still would not open PSE2021 Editor.  Eventually spoke to someone via UK headquarters to be told upgrade to PSE2022.  Very poor customer service, especially after having worked through Adobe's user unfriendly website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues. I have older windows version which I love and still use. I bought a Mac and got the new elements. I can't get it to create folders by date created. I need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines