• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monterey Photoshop Elements 2021 not working

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see several people have the same issues.

Mine Monterey 12.0.1 on a Apple MacBook Pro 16 inch using Photoshop Elements 2021. The Photo-Editor stops/no response. Only a quit and reboot helps. A full shut down and try again seems to work sometimes. Any suggestions please?

Tried to contact Support directly but no reply. Concerned as I have a new MacBook Pro on order with Max1 and I understand Photo Elements 2022 doesn't work here either.

Comments or help please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost mid-March 2022 and I'm still having the same issue. I've been a PSE user for years. Think it's time to move on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read through here, a lot of folk have the same issues. The only way forward is to upgrade to PSE 2022. I didn't like this as well but did it, because it is the best available software for me. Not want you want to hear perhaps.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous that Adobe won't fix the previous version and instead makes you upgrade! Shame on them! Lesson learned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I had posted previously, I moved on. I am using Topaz Studio and XnViewMP. Removed all Adobe on both my MAC and DOS machines.  Because of past purchases of Topaz addins, Studio was at no cost. Their support has always been top notch. I may be missing something but so far no issues/problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They fixed the issue for 2021 and 2022. This woked for me : 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/startup-crash-on-monterey.html

• Open Finder and click on the Go Menu.

• Choose ‘Go to Folder…’ option and navigate to the following locations:

[PSE 2022]: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022/Support Files/Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app/Contents/MacOS

[PSE 2021]: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app/Contents/MacOS

• Inside the MacOS folder, look for ‘sniffer’ executable file and rename it to ‘pse_sniffer’.

• Launch Photoshop Elements Editor and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using 2021 or 2022?

I thought the fix only sorted 2022. The fix worked for me, a small file name change. Save and then restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a trial version of photoshop elements 2022 on my new mac with m1 chip, macOS Monterey 12.3. Elements did not open. I tried the file name change as an adobe employee suggested and restarted. It did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. After reading these messages, I uninstalled elements 2022 and installed the 2021 version. Then I renamed the sniffer file and it works! Thank you. More help than an Adobe employee for sure. I have been struggling with elements 2022 for the last few days and it's been very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me with PSE 2021.
Having started and exited PSE and PSE Editor twice, I am able to restart PSE and PSE Editor again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines